Saturday, February 14, 2009

Back to reading, one week complete

So I've finished one week of school. I really like it. My first organizational ideas did not work out. One of my goals is to have a paperless law school experience as much as possible. With 5-20 cases to read each week this semester, printing out all that paper is wasteful. Plus the notes you make are lost if you lose the physical printed case, which is all too likely for me. Filing is not my strong suit. Digital organization is much easier. After trying a few things, I've decided to save my cases and class notes as html files rather than plain docs or pdf's this should make searching them easier and it allows for unbroken reading on the computer screen. We'll see how it goes, I think it will also make review easier as I can keyword search all the html that much easier than a pdf, or a word doc.

Tech tips-- Try Mozilla FireFox, or Google Chrome rather than Internet Explorer. Don't get a net book for your only computer, although they are nice for taking notes in class. No screen to have to look over or around.

Law school tip--don't just write for class, write a blog, write a letter, just write. The more you do, the better you will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment